You will be a member of the team from day one, and will share the workload. There are a variety of project opportunities, but we would ask you to learn all about one or two of our major systems, so that you would be able to assist development and ongoing support. As this is a mid position, we would expect you to be fee-earning from the start, however, we understand that it’s important to keep abreast of technology, and we would encourage you to take a little time out to do this.
You will soon have your own customer projects, and must have the confidence to speak directly to clients to discuss requirements and progress and also offer support. It also may be necessary to meet clients, and in some cases our clients’ clients.
We would normally require you to work in our office in Guiseley (although if Keighley is closer to you then this is possible), and there may be some flexibility over your hours of work. We dress casually in the office except when meeting clients, and welcome you to do the same.
Subsequent to any probation period you would be entitled to join the company’s private health care scheme as well as our generous pension plan.
Due to the nature of some of the clients we work with, you will be required to enter into a non-disclosure agreement immediately upon starting work.
- Experience of OO and MVC techniques
- Good written and verbal communication skills and good standard of English
- Good attention to detail, able to produce accurate work
- Proven abilities with front-end web technologies
- Produce responsive websites
- Understand cross-browser issues and workarounds
- Comfortable working both autonomously and as part of a team
- Have a demonstrable passion for programming and web development
- Have a desire to keep up to date with technology changes
A working knowledge of the following items is desirable
- Knowledge of Zend Framework would be advantageous
- Third party APIs (e.g. Google, Facebook, SagePay, Worldpay etc.)
- Angular or other JS frameworks
- Work with E-Commerce and CMS Platforms, their themes and plugins.
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining online applications for our clients. You may be required to work with clients to determine the best solution, taking time and budgets into consideration.
Your work will be neat and well documented, whilst being efficient and accurate.
Job Type: Full-time
- PHP: 2 years
- OOP/MVC Techniques: 1 year
- Angular: 1 year